The favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors.
The attainment of wealth, positions, honours or the like.
The Achievement of something desired planned or attempted.
The gaining of fame or prosperity.
Whether good or bad; the outcome of effort.
Just a few of many definitions of the thing we all ultimately want. However all these definitions have something in common, a world of possibilities. We know you can't or shouldn't measure our own success by the success of another. We can however be inspired by it to create success for ourselves. We could say in terms of earning wealth and prosperity some drug dealers are successful. In terms of position Mafia heads are successful. In terms of 9/11 the so called 'terrorists' were successful. What does all mean? Well to me it is a good indication that your only limited in life by your own short comings and self doubt. With these examples it's clearly shown that achieving what you want in life is a matter of action against lack of action and it's not limited to only the do-gooders.
I have found in my life that I lack focus sometimes. I have come to the conclusion that I am a pleaser and do not appreciate criticism in my ideas, that is just a personal flaw of mine, but excuse me we all have them. I do however accept alternatives or advice when dealing with a situation I think I crave it in fact. I have up to this very day made decisions in my life in order to not be criticized. Do you think it stopped J.Lo from becoming a designer because she can't sew or sketch a dress? No so why should it stop anyone else. It doesn't mean your being disrespectful to the craft, it means your trying something and what is wrong with that. We actually have the right to do and try anything that our hearts and minds desire as long as the intentions are good at least. By definition that is what success is; whether good or bad the outcome of effort.
It is hard when you have such phenomenal examples of success surrounding you as I have, I am inspired by them and respect their opinions, frequently more than my own. But I feel like I need to do something too and why should I be made to feel it's the wrong thing because it's not what another would do or how another would do it. I know it's not the only way but it's the way I came up with and guess what I am actually excited about it. Maybe it will work maybe it will not, maybe they are right but if I let that stop me from doing it I have failed again. And this is no time for failing, my baby is coming.
We have learned to accept women that strip to take care of the baby. We accept the notion of women never seeing or even raising their children all in attempt to provide a meal for them. We accept them leaving them behind to be raised by others in their homelands, as to make a better life. Where's the trade off here. So I got to do, what I got to do now to make things work for us, right or wrong in your opinion can not be a factor. I'm not just doing this for me I am doing it for the family I have now created. Absolutely no disrespect.
The man who makes a success of an important venture never wails for the crowd. He strikes out for himself. It takes nerve, it takes a great lot of grit; but the man that succeeds has both. Anyone can fail. The public admires the man who has enough confidence in himself to take a chance. These chances are the main things after all. The man who tries to succeed must expect to be criticized. Nothing important was ever done but the greater number consulted previously doubted the possibility. Success is the accomplishment of that which most people think can't be done.
C. V. White
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment